A plant-based, non-perishable, portable, mostly raw, superfood trail mix that's also affordable.
Buy in bulk, mix together, carry everywhere, anywhere.
Serving size: 1/2 cup / day.
- Sprouted nuts and seeds (sprouted if possible. raw at least). Options: Pecans, walnuts, almonds, pumpkin seeds/pepitas, sunflower seeds, brazil nuts, hazelnuts ... (not peanuts).
- Dried/flaked (unsweetened) coconut.
- Dried figs. I like to chop before adding to the mix and dust with cinnamon. Dried apples are a good low-sugar option, as are oat-dusted dates. Any dried fruit works as long as there is no added sugar or preservatives (which are common in dried fruit).
- Tigernuts (far left in image above). (Try these nuts, or the granola and note they are VERY high fiber, which is great for filling up when traveling or in a hurry but make sure to drink extra water.) <3
- Living Intentions sprouted granola (this is Whole Foods' bulk, and also available packaged).
- Goji, Golden/Gooseberries, Mulberries or other nutrient-dense dried small-fruit.
- Banana chips (no added sugar).