A vegan, paleo/grain-free version of a simple turmeric curry bowl that'll keep you warm and well through wintery months.
- 1/2 - 1 head of napa cabbage (a lengthwise quarter), thinly sliced
- sea salt
- 1 tablespoon virgin coconut oil
- 8 ounces tempeh
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 1-inch piece ginger, peeled, grated
- 1/2 serrano chile, thinly sliced (leave the seeds in if you like spice and remove them if you don’t)
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 5.5-ounce can unsweetened coconut milk
- 4 cups raw, "riced" cauliflower (from about 1 large head)
- Toss and massage cabbage with a couple pinches of salt.
- Heat oil in a large saucepan. Add tempeh and crumble as it cooks. Add onion (and water if it needs it).
- Add ginger, chile, garlic, and turmeric and cook until vegetables are softened.
- Add coconut milk and ¼ cup water and simmer. Cook, stirring occasionally, until slightly thickened. Season with salt.
- Serve over raw cauliflower rice with cabbage.
- Optional serving add ons: lime wedges, coconut yogurt, toasted coconut flakes, and cilantro leaves.