Diazepam—commonly known as Valium—has no discernible effect on anxiety unless a person knows they are taking it.
People are Talking About
- Michael Pollan’s book, How to Change Your Mind: What the New Science of Psychedelics Teaches Us about Consciousness, Dying, Addiction, Depression, and Transcendence. (A must-read, my friends.)
- A related piece about where our minds end and the world begins.
- And regarding placebos: The Power Of Nothing.
- Not a placebo: Therapy Made From Patient's Immune System Shows Promise For Advanced Breast Cancer.
- Too soon to tell: Fermented foods, neuroticism, and social anxiety.
- Totally unrelated: Tea-seed oil.
- Prebiotics via starch and fiber from Dr. Hyman, Mercola (on cassava) and Dave Asprey on “hacking” carbs to be low-carb.
- Always: How to Swap Exotic Superfoods for the Local Stuff.
- And: recyclable (and edible) cups.
- How to make nut miso (mine is currently fermenting, albeit very slowly). Info and inspiration fromContraband Ferments - coming to Supernatural this Fall!
- Timothy Leary’s Flashbacks read by him, and fun.
- Below, how your brain's communication improves with the assistance of psilocybin.
- What a month! I spoke at Pineapple Collaborative’s great gathering in Washington D.C. (check for a local chapter in your city) and then talked serious truth about adaptogens at Healthyish’s Homecoming.
- My upcoming events are always listed here. Next up is a breakfast + conversation about how to balance work, life, and health - and soon to be announced, a foraging walk, followed by cocktails made with wild finds.
- Supernatural Cafe is opening earlier mornings so swing by for an herbal fix before your day and I’ll throw in some secret caffeine if you need.
- Shiitake mushrooms plus a coffee grinder equals your new favorite spice.
- Healthier Alternatives To Plastic Tupperware (shower caps are the new cling wrap).
- Clickbait! We Tried an All-Natural MDMA Alternative...Here's What Happened.
- Not clickbait but sounds like it! (I actually did this and really enjoyed it.) Learn How to Meditate in Seven Days.
- If you live in NYC, this Street Tree Map is TOO FUN.
- And I leave you with this young, edible pine cone ...