People are Talking About
- Paleo Happiness: “more intelligent individuals were actually less satisfied with life if they socialized with their friends more frequently.”
- The Alchemist’s Kitchen. My new home-away-from-home. Connect With the Power of Plants.
- Herbs in your water – they’re edging in.
- Continuing the subject of running and neurogenesis. How Running & Meditation Change the Brains of the Depressed.
- Just finished reading Conversations with Contemporary Shamans. Recommended for an overview of the modern state of global shamanism.
- Your Brain Performs Better When It Slows Down
- And, I begin my work with Justin Ritchie this week. He’s an intense fan of this state of brain and the source of my recent interest in it. Notes from that 10-week trip to come.
- Last week I hosted another Full Moon Gathering at The Alchemist’s Kitchen. Next month’s will be April 21st. Save the date. It’s going to be good.
- Next weekend, I’ll be teaching an Herbalism 101 and how-to workshop at Calliope in the West Village. More info. Email to sign up!
- 100% do this: Amazon Smile
“When you shop at smile.amazon.com, Amazon will donate a portion of the purchase price to your favorite charitable organization. You can choose from nearly one million organizations.” (My current charity of choice is MAPS – the Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies.)
“To look life in the face, always, to look life in the face, and to know it for what it is...at last, to love it for what it is, and then, to put it away…” ― Virginia Woolf