People are Talking About
- The best types of exercise for your brain.
- *Excellent podcast about reframing our approach to eating, one of my favorite subjects. From nutrition information to fasting to societal perceptions of consumption and more: Ray Cronise, Our Broken Plate, with Rich Roll.
- What it's Like to be a Lucid Dreamer
- My latest long read was Aldous Huxley's essays "The Divine Within: Selected Writings on Enlightenment". Recommended as an overview of the evolution of his thought - progressively more mystic - and ending resolutely with Shakespeare. Beautiful. (That essay only, here.)
- Transient Hypofrontality. A lot more on this to come. (Light read. Long read.)
- We had a gathering, and it was good. Photos here. The next commences on 3/23. Invites to come!
- Embrace of the Serpent: A "film was inspired by the real-life journals of two explorers who traveled through the Colombian Amazon during the last century in search of the sacred and difficult-to-find psychedelic Yakruna plant. (*Plant is fictional.)
- Yacon syrup (I had my first yacon in Peru and was pleasantly baffled. It tasted like brown sugar jicama. I smuggled two home.)
- Some of my favorite reads' audio: Brainpicker on Soundcloud.
- TedTalk "A Simple Way to Break a Bad Habit" (which reminds me of my Abstinence, and Breaking the Habit of Being Yourself)
"The world is an illusion, but it is an illusion which we must take seriously, because it is real as far as it goes, and in those aspects of the reality which we are capable of apprehending. Our business is to wake up. We have to find ways in which to detect the whole of reality in the one illusory part which our self-centered consciousness permits us to see." - Aldous Huxley, The Divine Within