A hearty summer-time one-dish meal that's perfect for prepping in one day with enough servings to take you through a week of plant-based lunches or dinners.
Make a BIG batch and divide into containers for meals in the days ahead.
- 1/2 large head savoy cabbage, shredded or finely chopped
- 3 large carrots, grated
- 2 cup peas, fresh or frozen (thawed)
- 2 cups fresh corn, (slice off of the cob)
- 2-3 avocados, diced
- Optional: Add more greens (kale, collard greens, shredded brussels sprouts, broccoli ...) or other chopped raw veggies (zucchini or cauliflower would both be great).
- Reminder: Shop local if possible! Farmer's markets have the best quality produce, and are great sources of inspiration for trying new things.
- 1 1/2 cups goat yogurt, coconut yogurt (I recommend Lavva) or veganaise (Follow Your Heart Grapeseed Veganaise or Sir Kensignton’s Fabanaise)
- 1 small bunch dill, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped or pressed
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Black pepper to taste
- Variation: Instead of dill, use cilantro, basil, mint and/or parsley along with the other ingredients. These are great food medicine! If your blender is good, throw the stems in too (less waste, same taste). This makes a flavorful, creamy herbal dressing that's tasty on any veggies.
- In a large bowl, combine cabbage, carrots, peas, corn and avocado.
- Separately, whisk sauce ingredients. Pour over vegetables and toss to combine.
- Storage instructions: This salad happily lasts several days in the fridge. To avoid soup, keep the dressing separate and add each day before leaving home, or take dressing with you and add just before eating.