A heart summer-time one-dish meal that's perfect for prepping in one day with enough servings to take you through a week of plant-based lunches or dinners.
Make a BIG batch and divide into containers for meals in the days ahead.
- 1/2 large head savoy cabbage, shredded
- 3 large carrots, grated
- 2 cup peas, fresh or frozen (thawed)
- 2 cups fresh corn, (slice off of the cob)
- 2-3 avocados, diced
- Optional: Add more greens (kale, collard greens, shredded brussels sprouts, broccoli ...) or other chopped raw veggies (zucchini or cauliflower would both be great).
- Reminder: Shop local if possible! Farmer's markets have the best quality produce, and are great sources of inspiration for trying new things.
- 1 1/2 cups goat yogurt, coconut yogurt (I recommend Anita’s) or veganaise (Follow Your Heart Grapeseed Veganaise or Sir Kensignton’s Fabanaise)
- 1 small bunch dill, finely chopped
- 1 small garlic clove, grated
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Black pepper to taste
- Variation: Instead of dill, use cilantro, basil, mint and/or parsley along with the other ingredients. If your blender is good, throw the steps in too (less waste, same taste)! This makes a great, creamy herbal dressing that's good on any veggies.
- In a large bowl, combine cabbage, carrots, peas, corn and avocado.
- Separately, whisk dressing Ingredients. Pour over vegetables and toss to combine.
- Storage instructions: This salad happily lasts several days in the fridge. To avoid mush, keep the dressing separate and add each day before leaving home, or take dressing with you and add just before eating.
Image and original recipe from ifoodreal.