the fossil fuels that now power civilization contain carbon removed from the air during photosynthesis millions of years ago
People are Talking About
- Plant-Based vs. Ketosis: Diet Wars. (I prefer both.)
- Kratom, in detail and with wholehearted support from a respected herbalist. This is a plant with a mixed reputation that I’ve been exploring for quite a while and enjoy.
- Know about Regenerative Organic and carbon farming.
- Remember when I told you about hops-derived CBD? Some people don’t believe in it.
- “I truly believe we'll reduce health-care costs by a third when people start drinking hydrogen water.”
- Good old fashioned fiber is still good for us. I recommend acacia fiber for most of my clients.
- The Origin of Consciousness in the Breakdown of the Bicameral Mind. Here’s a two-part podcastabout it, and the note that inspired me to read it: Consciousness Began When The Gods Stopped Speaking.
- Cold therapy: in kundalini; says the creator of CrossFit; and among other practical if curious ways to strengthen your nervous system.
- “A literary thinker with a ‘telescopic view of time’; an astrophysicist with an eye to “cultural evolution towards good.” - listen to Maria Popova, Natalie Batalha, and Krista Tippett. <3
- Mucuna Pruriens. Dopamine beans. Or, nature once again with the coolest everything.
- A podcast: Rachelle on Getting Started with Herbs the Blessing-Curse of Trendy Wellness.
- A couple videos: Nettle Tea Two Ways and a CBD Latte How-To.
- Upcoming events:
- Vegan, Mushroom, Pork Rinds.
- Four Sigmatic has a free “Mushroom Academy.”
- More about those Paw Paws I mentioned last time.
- Seven Magic Sauces You Should Know About.
- At $60 to more than $100 a pound, mastic might be called the caviar of flavors.
That Smoothie Recipe I Promised!
My tried-and-true this year, and a client favorite ...
Simple Supernatural Smoothie
- 1 banana
- 1/2 C berries or other fruit
- 1/2 bunch or 2+ C spinach
- 2 tbsp acacia fiber
- 1 tbsp flax, chia or hemp seeds
- Water or coconut water as needed (about a cup)
- Blend well, drink slowly.
Optional additions: 3 tbsp hemp protein like Nutiva or Bob's Red Mill. (Consider using occasionally rather than daily.) 1+ tbsp cacao powder. Any herbs, spices, or special extras you like.