People are Talking About
- What the Health. Seems to be the hottest non-political or eclipse-related topic since coconutgate. It’s worth watching, an inspiring pro-plant conversation, but too lenient on sugar, in my and other health-ist’s opinions. MindBodyGreen looks at it in a bit more detail and here’s a consideration of the sugar point specifically.
- Is The Universe Conscious? (NPR)
- This food pyramid, which boldly includes skipping a meal as one of the “food groups” (I approve).
- The Next Gluten (The Atlantic). I talk about Lectins with nearly every one of my clients.
- Two temazcal ceremonies. (Some photos, here.) If you’re interested in attending one in the future, shoot me a note.
- Did you know you can use red clover as flour? It’s also an herb I prescribe often to women for balancing certain hormones.
- An explanation of the science behind Valerian, one of my favorite (strong) herbs for sleep.
RX News & Events
- So many upcoming events. Check them out here (and check back often as more are to-be-announced.)
- Fun fact: “Chia seeds are tiny bundles of tryptophan and that amino acid raises melatonin and serotonin levels. These are the hormones that support stable sleep.” - RD
- How to make corn silk tea.
- Snortable cacao. You heard it here first. I have said that before. Here’s another one: Fat Water.
- And, that RX Trail Mix Recipe I promised, wee.