People are Talking About
- “Coconutgate.” In June, USA Today reported that Coconut oil isn’t healthy. It’s never been healthy. The internet didn’t break but I got a lot of notes from concerned clients and friends. By now, the story’s been pretty well debunked but it did at least refresh the conversation about dietary fat, which is valuable to understand. Responses worth reading:
- Dr. Mercola’s, American Heart Association Renders Itself Obsolete With 1960s Dietary Advice on Coconut Oil.
- Dr. Mark Hyman’s. (+ his shorter, video reply/rant.)
- This (forum) explanation of the difference between types of saturated and unsaturated fats, and their roles in the body.
- Goop’s talking about the value of psychedelics again, which I’m a fan of. Except then there’s this: All the “wellness” products Americans love to buy are sold on both Infowars and Goop. Not that one can buy psychedelics on Goop, yet.
- That sweet spot where philosophy and science meet, somewhere around consciousness and “reality”. Recent reads:
RX News & Events
- My sessions are now available at Maha Rose and 97 Wellness Club! (Though you can always book me directly, too.)
- I am taking July and August mostly off from events, however will be the guest speaker at this new Women’s Salon on July 31st.
- Tips To Reduce Your Carbon Footprint
- Blushing isn't so bad. I love this, because I blush. :)
- CBD 101.
- An anti-anxiety supplement + herbal “stack” as the body hackers call it.
- Search tool for eating well near you.
- Sur La Table has a show about no-waste cooking.
- Vitamin Vapes. You heard it here first.
"In the beginning there were only probabilities. The universe could only come into existence if someone observed it. It does not matter that the observers turned up several billion years later. The universe exists because we are aware of it." - Martin Rees