People are Talking About
- Gravitational Waves: What Their Discovery Means for Science and Humanity.
- Cacao as a party drug?
- New York’s second kava bar! This is a very good trend!
What I’m Investigating
Lots of long reads this month:
- Machine Elves 101, by Daniel Moler. A 101 on Terence McKenna.
- The Doors of Perception, by Aldous Huxley. (The book that influenced McKenna early, and a frank review of a psychedelic experience (mescaline, which had a few things to teach me).)
- Conversations on Consciousness, by Susan Blackmore. (A highlight reel of interviews on consciousness and free will. “What the best minds think about the brain, free will, and what it means to be human.”)
- Supplemental info, and I'll write a longer review of this one for the site, ~soon.
- Light on Life, B.K.S. Iyengar. Lovely book about the yogic practice and philosophy, from one of its greatest.
A library of free audio books that includes a couple of the above.
- Our actual first RX Gathering happens on the coming full moon, February 22nd at The Alchemist’s Kitchen in NYC. RSVP here. :)
- More interviews with like-minds went live lately.
- On vision and consciousness: How Animals See the World.
- "Weather for the blind is a live streaming site of a musical instrument which is played by the weather.”
- ood zen music can be hard to find. Here’s some, which we discovered on a recent yoga-surfing retreat in Costa Rica. (Also recommended.)