People are Talking About
- “… we’re beginning to see a new era of food, and with it, radical transparency around understanding where our food comes from and how it’s made … something most people currently don’t know (or don’t want to know). From making to marketing, what will it take to turn the world’s oldest food production tradition into an entirely new one? Could a personalized, local 'meat brewery' be the future of food?” Old Food, Clean Tech - an A16z podcast.
- Food Industry Goes Beyond Looks to Fight Waste
- A Reading List for America, from New York Public Library
- Carbon Footprint Calculator
- Everything you need to know about food storage, from SaveTheFood.com.
- Shop with Amazon? Use Smile (I’ve said this before). I just redirected my donations to NRDC.
- Eco Tips for a Healthy Planet
- December Events are wrapping up early so I can head to the hills of Colombia.
- January though, is filling up with Herbalism and Plant-Based Health classes (in NYC and online). All event details to come in a dedicated Events email.
- Meanwhile, save the date for RX @ sweetgreen Meatpacking, January 8th. We’ll be talking about plants, food, health and how to eat better in 2017.
- Mugwort Mochi (if you’ve had this, please tell me about it).
- Earth, 240 million years ago to 250 million years in the future.
- Anxy Magazine - “a beautifully-designed magazine about our inner worlds—the ones we often refuse to share, the personal struggles, the fears that fool us into believing that the rest of the world is normal and we’re not.”
- A brush up on Nettle, from Wild Foods & Medicines.
- Soaking grains. Do it.
- What’s your Spirit Vegetable?
In closing, have a shaman song.
If you like this newsletter, share it with a friend.