People are Talking About
- The New Yorker gets to know Erowid. “The unusual couple behind an online encyclopedia of psychoactive substances.”
- “The Moral Bucket List” from The New York Times, courtesy of Andrew Kippen, partner of Daniel Ryan (who you know from me by now) in their new venture Interrupt.
- What Your Microbiome Wants for Dinner.
- Terrence McKenna on language.
- Related, IBM Opens its Artificial Mind to the World.
- The Human Experience podcast with BlueMorpho founder and Master Ayahuasca Shaman Hamilton Souther.
- Mushrooms. A lot of these this month. From homemade decoctions to purchased powders. The two heroes: Chaga and Reishi, (this product, on the topic of food-for-mood, is a new staple).
- Stress and hormones.
- RX's newest location, The New Stand at Union Square and Brookfield Place in NYC. Selling, our Pocket Potion. (!)
Miscellaneous & Otherwise
- In the River of Consciousness, by Oliver Sacks.
- One of my favorites, Evolver, and its Alchemist's Kitchen has launched a physical location launch in NYC. (Another "!".)