- 1/2 tsp blue-green algae
- 1 tsp+ bee pollen (best taken with fruit)
- 1/4 apple (one of the lowest-sugar fruits)
- 1/2 lemon
- small piece ginger
- ~1 oz aloe vera
Juice the apple, lemon and ginger.
Blend(er) with the algae, bee pollen and aloe.
Quite serious superfood benefits:
- Algae: Blue-green algae have a high protein, iron, and mineral content. Blue-green algae are known for their potential effects on the immune system, swelling (inflammation), and viral infections.
- Aloe: It’s great for your guts – stomach onward. Probiotics love it and it supports detoxification by binding to bile salts and removing bad stuff. Buy aloe leaf whole, remove the green and blend into smoothies, or get the juice.
- Bee Pollen: (see Bee Pollen: About and How to Drink It)
- Ginger: Anti-inflammatory, antioxidant and anti-tumor. immune-system support, stomach calming (reduces nausea or upset),
- Lemon: Alkalizing: helping to restore balance to the body’s pH. Rich in vitamin C. Liver stimulant. Antibacterial. Contain 22 anti-cancer compounds. And, according to The Reams Biological Ionization Theory, the lemon is the ONLY food in the world that is anionic (an ion with a negative charge). All other foods are cationic (the ion has a positive charge.) This makes it extremely useful to health as it is the interaction between anions and cations that ultimately provides all cell energy.